Thursday, March 15, 2012

What's going on Ivonne? Still no word on the (alleged) Paul McCartney concert

Several readers have e-mailed me inquiring about the Paul McCartney concert, which is/was supposed to occur by the end of this month, or by early April at the latest.

I first reported on this coming attraction Dec. 30, 2011, and then again on Jan. 19. On both occasions I merely wrote what the official press releases said. Yucatán Govenor Ivonne Ortega Pacheco very much represented it to be a done deal, with only the date(s) to be firmed up.

It all seems rather strange to me. Are we really to believe the McCartney organization doesn't have its calendar planned out for the next 30 days? I would presume that the former Beatle probably has most of his itinerary set for the entire year by now. Apparently Chichén Itzá is not particularly high on Sir Paul's list. I hope he gets here before December, when the world ends. Travel will be a hassle then.

If anyone knows something I don't, please do tell.

Ex-Beatle Paul McArtney may perform at Chichén Itzá in early 2012: http://mexicogulfreporter.blogspot.com/2011/12/ex-beatle-paul-mcartney-may-perform-at.html.
Confirmed: Paul McCartney coming to Chichén Itzá - but date is still pending: http://mexicogulfreporter.blogspot.com/2012/01/confirmed-paul-mccartney-coming-to.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment